Friday 19 June 2015

Frank Skinner at The Monkhouse - June 19 1989


A very special night at The Monkhouse Comedy Club in Leicester, in June 1989 when Frank Skinner came to town, and brought all his mates with him.

The Great Stan and The Nice People were fellow comedians at a comedy club that Frank was running in Tamworth in Staffs, so they came over as a job lot. Quite how good they all were I can't report as, tragically, I had a really bad gig and went off in a sulk. I'm sure my fellow Leicester regulars Norman The Skiver, Alan Seaman and Cathi Rae, had a better night.

The Monkhouse was run and co-compered by Alan Seaman and myself, monthly from 1987 - 89, upstairs at The Magazine pub on Newarke Street in Leicester (don't look for it, it's not there any more) and featured appearances by a number of acts who went on to great things. And all at 2 quid a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment