Thursday 24 March 2016

The School Concert - March 24th 1977

The school concert, a major performance by Walter Tottle and the Expanding Liberals by the sound of it, and of our pre-match nerves. And it seems to have gone rather well. Obviously we were robbed of the great success we deserved, but you'll find a video of our efforts elsewhere on this blog and, I'm sure you'll agree, we could've been contenders. In fact we were contenders, as today's gig was a talent contest.

There's a photo of us at this gig somewhere, remind me to dig it out sometime. Oh, here it is.




(Left to right: Kev Moore, Peter Scott, Steve Fletcher, Kev Sutherland, Nick Tyson. I'm sure Nick or my Mum will update me as to the identities of everyone else in the picture when they see this blog.)

Nifty artwork from my attempt at a Six Million Dollar Man strip, too. I seem to recall sending this off to Look-In and getting it back with some kind comments. I don't think I used to photocopy artwork in those days, just sent off the originals, so this one's lucky to have survived as long as it did (before I cut it up to stick in my diary, obviously).

Records For The Day are quaint, one from a movie and one not. One about being able to be anything that you wanted to be, one about someone who once cut a record but it didn't make it. What sort of crystal ball was I using?


No comments:

Post a Comment